June 1, 2010

Logan Fielding


It is crazy to think we have been out of school for 10 years!  That went by quick.  After I got home in 2003 from my mission in South Korea, I finished up my associate's degree at Dixie while working at Desert Hills Intermediate School as a Resource Aide.  I helped students with behavioral issues there and also worked in a group home for adults who have disabilities.  I really enjoyed working in this field so I decided to go into special education.  It was the last thing I ever thought I would be doing for a career.  I moved up to Logan to attend Utah State University and received my Bachelors in Special Education.  While at school I met my beautiful wife Katey.  She was the daughter of the mayor of Logan at the time so my father-in-law really enjoyed cracking jokes about my name being Logan while I lived in the town Logan!  Needless to say it got old really quick. 

After my wife and I graduated we moved to the Ogden area where I got a teaching job at Rocky Mtn. Jr. High for a semester and then moved over to Fremont High School for a year.  I helped coach cross country and the distance runners in track while I was at the high school.  I got really tired of the cold and shoveling all of the snow for what seemed like hours a day, so we moved back down to the St. George area in 2008.  We bought a house in Ivins after I got a teaching job at the new Desert Hills High School.  I love it there and enjoy working with the students.  I also coach cross country and the boys' soccer team.  It is been a joy working with young people.

Katey and I welcomed our first little girl, Norah Pearl, into our life 5 months ago.  She has brought so much joy into our lives.  She already is daddy's little girl! 

I forgot to mention that I have spent the last 6 1/2 years doing a lot of running.  I have run lots of fun races all over the country and have had some choice experiences while doing this.  Katey is really supportive of this "hobby" and enjoys traveling around to the different races.  Make sure everyone comes out and runs the 5k on Saturday morning :)

I look forward to seeing everyone this weekend.  It should be a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment