April 20, 2010

Melissa (Petersen) Johnson


The past ten years have been jam-packed with goodness. Life's ups and downs are what make it so beautiful.
I spent the first two years after hs at DSC. Serving as an ambassador there with people from around Utah and out of state (& the wonderful Kelly Blunck) was a blast. I then moved to Logan to finish my bachelor’s at USU. My senior year I met an amazing guy who became my best friend and opened up my whole world. Alas, we didn’t want to settle ourselves down yet, so we parted ways. I enjoyed Cache Valley so much though that I stuck around to work for a few years. In 2008 I reconnected with aforementioned guy: a mutual friend tricked Nolan and I into driving to SLC together. Nolan was surprised and nervous to be around me again (at least that’s how I tell the story) which caused him to rear-end another truck on the freeway...after which I slammed and broke my wrist. The man took amazing care of me and my wrist, sparks again flew, and we were married in Oct. 08. It could not have been more right, and we couldn't be happier.
We’re still living in Cache Valley (most of the time) and maybe a little unorthodox in professions. Nolan is an entrepreneur by heart; he brokers meat independently and does real estate on the side, among other things. He’s also the son of a meticulous rancher with a lot of cattle and we’ve gone to Wyoming the past two springs (as Nolan has since high school except while on his mission) to help out for calving season. The wide open ranch brings out the cowgirl in me. I am a freelance editor—I edit, write, design, and direct projects for my clients from home. I’m also in the middle of a master’s degree at USU. 
Now I’m hoping my awesome brother-in-law Jon Walter will post to show off my adorable niece and nephew and my beautiful sweet sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment