May 17, 2010

Amelia (Laws) Duke

After graduation I attended Dixie College for a year and a half.  I spent one summer in Jackson Hole, WY working at an old fashioned photo studio and a candy shop.  The next year, I decided I really wasn’t happy at Dixie, so I moved to Orem to attend UVSC.  I was there for a year, graduated with an associate degree, and had roommates who changed my life.  They ranted and raved about how marvelous Utah State was, so off I went.  I spent the next 4 years in Logan where I attended school full-time, and was lucky enough to meet and marry my husband Brent.  It was there that I found my passion and finally decided on a major.  I graduated in 2006 with a BS degree in Elementary Education, and then in 2007 with a MEd degree in Deaf Education and Communicative Disorders.  After graduation, I found a great job in South Carolina, and we moved across the country.  In August 2009 we had our first baby, Tylie, and she is the joy of our life!  My husband is a full-time student at the University of South Carolina (Go Gamecocks!) working toward a Master degree in Athletic Training.  I teach reading, English, math, transition (and anything else that comes up) to a group of deaf students at a local high school, and I LOVE my job!  I also work part-time for a photography company taking team, individual, and action pictures at sporting events.  We plan to be in the South for one more year, and then hopefully back out west…we miss the mountains!  I wish I could make it to the reunion, but I can’t wait to hear all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment