May 25, 2010

Emily (Gubler) & Nate Caplin

After high school, I(Emily) attended Dixie and later transferred to SUU where I graduated with a dual degree in Elementary Education and Special Education.  In August of 2003 I married my sweetheart, Nate Caplin, after he served a Spanish-speaking mission in Long Beach, California.  I taught 3rd grade for four years, while Nate attended school and worked.  Since the birth of our daughter Madeline in 2008, I have been working part time from home for the Washington County School District as an Online Supervising Teacher.  Nate graduated from BYU Law School in April 2010 and will earn a master’s in American history this December.  Nate loves teaching Writing and Rhetoric at BYU and hopes to have many more teaching experiences in higher education. 
 A couple of years ago, we traveled to Israel where Nate studied law at Bar-Ilan University.  Last summer, Nate introduced me to the Deep South—we lived in Mississippi where Nate worked for a civil rights law firm.  We loved it there.  The people were kind, the weather was hot, and the food was delicious.  It was amazing to see so many seafood and BBQ restaurants on every street! 
We can’t wait to see everyone this summer!  It will be so much fun catching up with all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment