May 31, 2010

Emily (Woodland) Fonnesbeck

After graduation, I attended Dixie State College.  It was there that I met my now husband, Brady Fonnesbeck in a chemistry class (insert lame chemistry joke here).    We were both in our last semesters there and I had already made the decision to attend BYU the next semester so he followed me up there.  We were married in April of 2002 and lived in Provo and the Salt Lake area for the next three years.  I finished my Bachelors in Dietetics in 2004 and then completed an internship through BYU finishing in May of 2005.  That same year, Brady finished his Bachelors in Biology Composite Teaching.  The day after I finished my internship we welcomed our first baby, JC (now 5).  Brady was offered a job at Pine View Middle School teaching Earth Systems so we moved back to St. George.  When JC was about 8 months old, I started teaching nutrition classes at night at The Body Shop Spa, now known as The Biggest Loser Resort at Fitness Ridge in Ivins.  It has been the ideal job for me and I really enjoy it and the new opportunities that have come with it.  Brady transferred to Desert Hills High School the year it opened and has taught biology, chemistry and physics there for the past couple of years.  He also coaches freshman football.  Just last month he finished his Masters in Educational Leadership through SUU.  But our most exciting news lately has been the adoption of our second baby, Ben, in January.  It has been an amazing experience and we are so blessed to have him.  Our lives are busy and a delicate balancing act but we love everything we do!  

No comments:

Post a Comment